If you are planning to sell or give your Kindle to someone else, you will want to deregister Kindle for security. The same applies to when you have lost the device. You will not want to have your personal information exposed to someone else. Let’s find out how to deregister your Kindle.
How to Deregister Kindle
To deregister, there are two ways. One is doing it on the Amazon web. Another is within your Kindle device. The link to the website is include in the steps. Let’s first look at deregistering on the website.
Deregister on the Web
To deregister your Kindle, you can remove it from the Kindle reading app. The Kindle reading app is web-based. If you have lost your kindle, this is the best way to deregister it since you don’t have access to your device.
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Find “Devices” at the top menu.
- Click your device under the Amazon devices section. When you click the big square, it will show you more details about your device underneath. Click again your device name within the popup window.
- Among the setting options on the right, click “Deregister“.
Following these steps, you can easily remove your Kindle from your account.
Deregister within Kindle
If you want to sell or give away your Kindle, you need to make sure deregister your account to protect privacy.
- Find the icon that has three dots stacked vertically.
- Select “Settings”.
- Choose “Your Account”.
- Among the options, select “Deregister Device”.
- On the confirmation pop-up window, select “DEREGISTER”.
That’s it! Using your Kindle, you can deregister your device in less than a minute.
How to Register Kindle
If you have found your lost Kindle, that’s great news. You can register the device and use it again. Since you have already deregistered the Kindle, you will be prompted to register it again.
- Make sure your device is connected to Wi-Fi.
- Once connected to the Internet, Kindle will automatically show the register screen.
- If you already have an Amazon account, select “Use an Existing Amazon Account”.
- Then, enter your email and password.
- If you don’t have an account, select “Create a New Account”. If you had one, you are finished at step 3.
- Select your region from the option and then continue.
- Fill out the form with your name, email, and password. Tap “Create Account”.
- Enter your payment method and billing address.
- Select “Continue Setup” and follow the rest instructions.
The device registration is also easy. After registration, you can use Kindle right away!
How to Deregister Kindle Video
If you found the written instructions difficult, try to watch the video that shows how to deregister Kindle.
It is a good idea to deregister Kindle before you sell or give away the device. Also, make sure you do de-registration when you lost Kindle to protect your private information.