This post explains how to unsuspend Twitter account step-by-step. For those who may find the written guide difficult, I included a video to make sure all the visitors can clearly learn how to recover their suspended account. In a later section, you will also learn why Twitter would suspend an account. Let’s first figure out how to unsuspend your Twitter account.
How to Unsuspend Twitter Account
Recovering your suspended account can be straightforward. Depending on the suspension reason, you may be able to restore it by yourself. If that’s not the case, you will need to raise a ticket with Twitter. Either way, it is not very complicated. Let’s first see how you can unsuspend your account on your own.
Account suspended due to a lack of information
This will be an easier and faster case since you can resolve this issue on your own. If your case falls into this scenario, you will see prompts from Twitter when you log in. Twitter will either ask you to provide your phone number or confirm your email. You can simply follow their instructions to re-use your suspended account.
Account suspended due to security or violation
If you see a message saying that your account is locked, the suspension may be temporary due to reports of spammy or abusive account behavior. For instance, you may not be allowed to tweet from your account for a certain period of time. Or, you may be asked to provide personal information. In this case, you need to take a different measure depending on the suspension reason.
If you see that your account has been locked for security reasons after you log in, this means that Twitter has found suspicious behavior and it considers your account as having been compromised. In this case, you need to change your password immediately to unlock your account. Twitter explains that they will send instructions to your email address. If you can’t find an email, check your spam or junk box.
Since Twitter is one of the largest social networks, there will always be someone who tries to take advantage of it even if that means hacking someone else’s account. If Twitter detects your account doesn’t behave normally, it will lock your account and you need to verify your ownership. If this happens to you and Twitter asks you to verify the ownership, follow the steps below:
- Log into your Twitter account.
- Find the message telling you that “Your account has been locked.”
- Click Start.
- Enter your phone number to associate it with your account.
- Twitter will send you a text message. Or, you will receive a phone call informing a verification code. The message can be delivered in a few minutes.
- Put in the verification code and click Submit to unlock your account.
If your account has an associated email, you may receive instructions to your email address. If you can’t find it, check your spam or junk folder.
One important thing you need to know is that if your account has been locked for this reason, the visitors to your account may see a message telling your account has displayed unusual activity. Twitter will ask them to confirm if they still want to see it.
Violation against Twitter rules
One of the reasons for locking your account is you may have violated the Twitter rules. In this case, you can still browse Twitter. But, only sending direct messages to your followers is allowed. You will not be able to Tweet, Retweet, and Like. Only your followers can see your previous Tweets.
If this is the case, Twitter may ask you to take certain actions. These may involve email address verification, phone number association, or removal of Tweets that violated the Twitter rules. To restore your account:
- Log in and find the message, “We’ve temporarily limited some of your account features”.
- Click Start and follow the prompts to finish their requests.
If Twitter regards your account as having shown suspicious activities such as excessive following or engagements (Like, Retweet, and Retweet with comment), you will receive a message that says your account’s features have been limited for a certain time. In this case, Twitter suggests either of the following ways:
- Just use Twitter in that limited state for the specified time: you can simply click “Continue to Twitter”. During this state, your account and Tweets may be filtered out at certain places on Twitter. That includes search results and notifications. If you choose this option, you will not be able to cancel this choice and select the verification option.
- Finish their instructions to verify your phone and email: for this option, click “Verify” and follow Twitter’s instructions.
Appeal to Twitter
Have you tried the methods above but failed to unsuspend your account? Then, you can try to appeal your case to Twitter. To appeal, go to this appeal page, Appeal an account suspension or locked account, and fill out the form. Or you can go check this forum and submit your case.
If you want to watch a video guide for appealing, check the clip below.
This post explained how to unsuspend Twitter Account step-by-step. By reading through, you have had an idea now on why your account has been suspended. It is important to follow the Twitter Rules. I hope that you could resolve your issue and get back your Twitter account!
If you are a Snapchat user, these guides may be helpful:
- How to Unfriend Someone on Snapchat + 7 Don’ts on Snapchat
- How to know if someone unadded you on Snapchat with a video guide
- How to delete an unopened snapchat with a video guide
If you are an iPhone user…