Snapchat users can access an unlimited supply of filters and Snapchat lenses to beautify their Snaps. You can also develop your own filter and share them with the rest of the community. Some people create the best Snapchat filters to monetize their creativity. These additional services of Snapchat have attracted more and more users to the social media platform since it is fun and entertaining. Among the vast amount of filters on Snapchat, there are filters that mimic the Facetime video call user interface.
What is Facetime?
If you own an Apple device, you may already known Facetime. The Facetime app is a default app installed on iPhone or other Apple devices that allow users to make a video call like Zoom call from Microsoft. Facetime is not supported on any Andriod device.
What are Snapchat Facetime filters?
Snapchat Facetime filters, therefore, are the type of filters that give you an impression that you are making or having an actual Facetime call with someone else and you can create a Snap using this concept.
Let’s learn how to get and use Facetime filters and the top 7 Snapchat Facetime filters you want to check in 2022!
How to get Facetime filters
Getting Facetime filters is the same as getting any other filters on Snapchat. The Snapchat app offers an easy way to get filters through Snap codes. Snap codes look like QR codes in a fun way in a Snapchat theme. A typical Snap code will look like this.
What you need to do is:
- Open Snapchat.
- When your Snapchat camera roll is on, bring it closer to the icon to scan.
- If you open the app for the first time, it will ask for permission to use your phone camera. You should grant that app permission to use it.
- Once scanned successfully, it will notify you with the message “Snapcode Detected”.
- Tap on the pop-up bar at the bottom of the screen.
- Finally, it will apply the lens or filters.
Using filters and lenses is a great way to spice up your post and get more attractions.
Top 7 Facetime Snapchat Filters in 2022
Snapchat filters, while you are reading articles, are being developed and released to the users. As of August 2022, there were five Facetime Snapchat filters that could be found. When you apply these filters, you will look like having a Facetime call or a video chat with a popular person.
1. Ronaldo Facetime
This Ronaldo Facetime filter makes your Snap looks like having a Facetime phone call with the world soccer star Ronaldo.
Of course, people will notice that you are not actually having a Facetime call with him, but it still very looks interesting! Using the Snap camera app, simply scan the Snapcode. Ronaldo in the video makes a gesture to give a more realistic impression. Although it looks realistic, it does not have sound effects.
2. Dog calling filter
This is not technically a Facetime filter but this Snapcode gives you video effects of receiving a call from this cute puppy via some video call app.
When you apply this code, your face appears as the background and it will display that you are getting a call.
3. Kanye West Facetime filter
This filter gives an effect that you are having a video call with Kanye West. The rapper appears in portrait mode, which does not move.
4. Cat Facetime filter
This is another animal video call filter. The cat in the filter is wearing a hoody. This filter effect does not have a video effect but a static photo with the cat video-calling with you.
5. Creepy Facetime filter
With this creepy Facetime filter, you can create a funny and terrifying Snap that shows this person in a mask and you.
Create your own Facetime filter
We now have a good idea of what Facetime filters look like. Why not create your own Facetime filters? To create your filters, try the steps:
Creating a Snapshot filter on the Snapshot website
- Go to https://create.snapchat.com/
- On the design tab, choose your design or upload your own.
- On this design menu, you can upload some background for your Facetime filter.
- Then, select the topic and a Snapchat geofilters (template) on the left side of the screen.
- Choose a color palette on the right.
- Select the text, font, and pictures.
- You can also add Bitmoji or Friendmoji.
- You can schedule your filter and draw a Geofence.
- When you are happy with the final result, you can confirm and pay.
Creating a Snapshot filter on your mobile phone
To create a Snapchat filter on your phone, follow the steps below.
- Open Snapchat
- Go to your profile icon (top-left corner of the screen) and find the settings icon (top of the screen).
- Find filter and Lenses and go to Filter.
- Select the filter occasion.
- Decide the schedule of your filter and draw a geofence.
- Make your design and decide a start and end time for the filter.
- Confirm and pay.
Now we know what Snapchat Facetime filters are. Those filters let you create a snap that looks like having a video call with someone else. You can create an interesting Facetime snap with a celebrity or an animal. People, of course, will know it is not real but it can certainly catch their eyes!
If you want to learn more about Snapchat and its filters, check: